CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Pet Fish!


Brycen has been asking for some sort of pet for a long time.  Finally I told him if he studied and did well on his midyear spelling test I would buy him a fish. He only missed 4 out of 100 spelling words, which I thought was pretty good.  Last week while he was at school I went to the pet store and got a blue betta fish. Brycen likes it a lot, so hopefully we won't have to get a dog anytime soon. Brycen decided to name the fish Rainbow and then we started talking more about the fish and had a funny conversation that went like this.

Brycen: Is this a boy fish or a girl fish?
Mom: It's a boy fish, the girl fish aren't as pretty as the boy fish.
Brycen: Then that means they are the opposite of humans huh?
Mom: Thats right!
Dad: laughing.
Mom: They told me at the pet store that these kind of fish only live for about 1 or 2 years.
Brycen: Burst into sobbing tears.
Mom: (Thinking oh great! shouldn't of said that) We can just get a new one if this one dies.
Brycen: But I only want this one. Can we do anything to make him live longer?
Mom: No, I don't think so.
Brycen: Where will this fish go when he dies?
Mom: Probably fish heaven.
Brycen: Will he be resurrected?
Mom: Yes
Brycen: Then after he is resurrected I'm going to buy him again!

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh that is sooo cute. You had me laughing. The things kids say. Thanks for sharing this story.

Michelle said...

oh my heck that is theeee cutest litle conversation. I can't wait till my Brayden can start talking to me. Youre family photo is gorgeous.

scott and jessica doman said...

how funny kids r so smart and say the cutest things

Swangerlings said...

That is so funny.

Tricia said...

How cute! Love the conversation. That is hopefully as far as we will get with a pet as well!

Becky said...

That is so cute! I'm glad he likes his pet so much. Hopefully Rainbow has a long life!

Short Family said...

Wow it is amazing how time flies! It seems like yesterday Brycen, Macy and Marin would play together! Your family is so cute!

Clark Family said...

Hey guys! We like your fish....Jace has a beta right now too! I like the cute vase he is in! Cute pictures!

McAllister Family said...

That is too cute! Brycen is such a cute kid. I love those 1st grade pictures too. I can't believe how grown up he is getting!