CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 2, 2009

Brycen 1st grade

Here is an update on Brycen's 1st grade year so far.
I love this picture of Brycen, he just looks so sweet, and he is so tan from the summer sun.
I was so excited to hear that Brycen was going to have Mr. Kauffman for his teacher.  From what I'd heard he was the best 1st grade teacher. Brycen hates it when a substitute teacher comes. He says that the sub can't read stories funny like Mr. Kauffman. 
Some of Brycen's friends in his class are Ammon, Casey, Keagan and Leif. 
 Back in November, the day we were trying to get moved, we got a call from the school. They told us Brycen had hit his head at recess and needed stitches. We had to stop in the middle of our move and go get Brycen from school and take him to urgent care to get stitched up.  When we asked Brycen how he hit his head, he said he ran into a pole he didn't see. Silly kid! A week later after Jared took out the stitches, like the Dr. said to do, Brycen decided to pick the scab off. It ended up leaving a pretty good scar despite the stitches.  I thought this picture was silly cute! You can see the scar on his head on the right side. I'm sad he has such a big scar on that cute face, but hopefully it will fade with time.
Brycen played an awesome year of soccer. Most games he scored about three goals. He played with his friend Justin, who's dad was the coach.
Every Monday, I go and volunteer in Brycens class. It is fun for me to see him in the classroom. I am so lucky to have such a good kid. Brycen is in the top reading group at school. This past week he had a half yearly test on all the spelling words for the year. He only missed one word out of 100 and that was people spelled peopole. In these pictures, the kids are making their gingerbread houses. 

1 comments:

The Wyatt's said...

I love this post! What a cute smart athletic kid he is! The girls are going to be after him all right!

How fun that you go to his school once a week. I'm a little nervous for McKenna to start school, but also excited for her. I want to volunteer too and be involved in what she's doing. Does it seem weird to you that you have a first grader? It's weird to me! You look so young next to him!